Thursday, November 20, 2008

Assignment 6


Hey Everyone,
Here was my assignment, I cant really draw hair at all, i need alot of practise in learning to define clumps of hair - i find it really difficult as a beginner. I also gave her some little elf ears, i wanted to make her a bit cute and young looking, also i tried to pick a hairstyle that an young elf princess might wear and tried to tie in the hairstyle with the lovely expression that Bobby gave us as a starting point.
Arghhhhhh so difficult for me, im learning alot here!

3 comments:

Althea Aseoche said...

DX don't say can't!! I think you've done a fine job! =)

Ciaee said...

I wanted to reply earlier but I was buried in my work. ><

It doesn't look as bad as you think and I like the cute elf ears!

If you find hair hard to paint, observing photographs closely can be very helpful. I know that you collected a whole bunch of photographs for hairstyle ideas, but try observing how hair falls and clump together.

This particular reference is very suitable for your painting: [link] (This is included in the folder I sent you the other day)

I really hope that helps!

Abba and me said...

I think it looks nice. I expecially like how to paint the light source from right to the left,it looks very considerate and real. I also find the curly hair really hard.i guess, again, more practice!!